Thursday, December 30, 2010

First Full Session

Time Played: 108.9 Minutes
Hands Played: 440
Money Won/Lost: +$0.90

Total Bankroll: $168.31

Today was a really frustrating session for a lot of reasons. Through the first 30-45 minutes I was running pretty good, and was up 38 big bets quick. It all eventually started to dwindle faster and faster, till eventually I finished only a $.90 winner. Through a little over 800 hands I'm still beating the game for 8.46bb/100, which is good, but I feel like I left a lot out there.

Towards the end I was getting sloppy and calling down hands I knew I had little to no chance winning, and found myself chasing too much. It has been a long time since I played a nearly two hour session, so it was probably just mental fatigue setting in. As I get more used to this I bet that won't be as big an issue, but its still something I have to be wary of. When I've been playing I throw some smooth electronica music on and turn the TV volume down, but perhaps I should turn the TV off entirely. Any little distraction is probably not a good thing for me starting out.

I really only have a little under 4 hours under my belt now, a little over 800 hands, so there is still a lot of work to do. I'm determined to make it happen. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment